Dermatology Resident Preceptorship
Submit your completed application and CV plus Letter of Support from your preceptor and Letter of Approval from your residency program to NEDS@mms.org by January 1, 2021. Please insert Preceptorship Application in the Subject Line. Grant awardees will be notified by March 1, 2021 and announced at the May 1, 2021 Clinical meeting.
For further questions about the NEDS Preceptorship Program, contact the NEDS Administrator, Gayle Sommer at NEDS@mms.org or 781-434-7731.
For residents who need help in finding a preceptor, NEDS has a list of eligible NEDS members interested in being a Program Preceptor. Contact the NEDS Administrator for details.
NEDS PRECEPTORSHIP GRANT 2021-2022
1. Open to current residents at accredited dermatology residency programs in the following states: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont
2. Due to the impact of the COVID-19 Virus Pandemic, additional flexibility has been added to the program. Accepted preceptorships can take place during the 2021-2022 OR 2022-2023 academic years, if the resident's anticipated date of graduation allows.
3. Resident Proposals must include an educational project/activity and involve a precepted research, clinical or community service project under the 'live' or 'remote' guidance of an active NEDS faculty member NOT affiliated with the applicant's residency program. NEDS is hopeful for in person preceptorship opportunities during the 2021-2022 academic year. However, applicants are requested to consider and briefly explain how they would conduct their project 100% virtually should that be required.
4. Funding will provide a maximum of $ 1,000/week for up to 2 weeks to cover resident expenses for travel, housing, and project supplies
a. Maximum of four (4) grants to be awarded
b. Receipts are required within 1-2 years (based on project timing as outlined in section 2) after receipt of the Grant
a. Recipients must provide a summary of outcomes associated with their project, including any publications or presentations
b. Recipients must make a 5-minute presentation at a NEDS meeting taking place within the next year (or 2 years due to COVID-19 restrictions) to share their experience
1. Resulting publications, poster presentations or oral presentations must acknowledge funding support through the NEDS Preceptor Grant
2. Recipients may be eligible for up to $ 500 to help with travel expenses tied to poster and/or oral presentations (if taking place within two years of project completion)
Deadline for application submission is January 1, 2021