Link to Preceptorship Application: Year 4 NEDS Preceptorship Application 2023-2024.pdf
APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR YEAR 4 SUBMISSIONS IS SATURDAY APRIL 15, 2023.
Submit your completed application and CV plus Letter of Support from your preceptor and Letter of Approval from your residency program to NEDS@mms.org by Saturday, April 15, 2023 by 6:00 PM EST. Please insert Preceptorship Application in the Subject Line. Grant awardees will be announced at the May 6 2023 Clinical meeting.
For further questions about the NEDS Preceptorship Program, contact the NEDS Administrator, Gayle Sommer at NEDS@mms.org or 781-434-7731.
Need help in finding a preceptor? NEDS has a list of NEDS members interested in volunteering as a Program Preceptor. Contact the NEDS Administrator at NEDS@mms.org for assistance.
NEDS PRECEPTORSHIP GRANT YEAR 4 (2023-2024)
1. Open to current residents at accredited dermatology residency programs in the following states: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont
2. Accepted preceptorships can take place during the 2023-2024 academic year.
3. Resident Proposals must include an educational project/activity and involve a precepted research, clinical or community service project under the guidance of an active NEDS faculty member NOT affiliated with the applicant's residency program.
Applicants are requested to consider and briefly explain how they would conduct their project 100% virtually should that be required.
4. Funding will provide a maximum of $ 1,000/week for up to 2 weeks to cover resident expenses for travel, housing, and project supplies
a. Maximum of four (4) grants to be awarded. There is a limit of one awarded Preceptorship Grant per Resident.
b. Receipts are required within 1-2 years (based on project timing as outlined in section 2) after receipt of the Grant
a. Recipients must provide a summary of outcomes associated with their project, including any publications or presentations
b. Recipients must make a 5-minute presentation at a NEDS meeting taking place within the next year - typically at the Spring clinical meeting held in April or May to share their experience
1. Resulting publications, poster presentations or oral presentations must acknowledge funding support through the NEDS Preceptor Grant
2. Recipients may be eligible for up to $ 500 to help with travel expenses tied to poster and/or oral presentations (if taking place within two years of project completion)
Deadline for application submission is Saturday, April 15, 2023