Dermatology Resident Preceptorship
NEDS PRECEPTORSHIP GRANT 2020-2021
1. Open to current residents at accredited dermatology residency programs in the following states: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont
2. The Preceptorship must occur during the following academic year (2020-2021)
3. Resident Proposals must include an educational project/activity and involve a precepted research, clinical or community service project under the guidance of an active NEDS faculty member NOT affiliated with the applicant's residency program.
4. Funding will provide a maximum of $ 1,000/week for up to 2 weeks to cover expenses for travel, housing, and project supplies
a. Maximum of four (4) grants to be awarded
b. Receipts are required within one year after receipt of the Grant
a. Recipients must provide a summary of outcomes associated with their project, including any publications or presentations
b. Recipients must make a 5-minute presentation at a NEDS meeting taking place within the next year to share their experience
1. Resulting publications, poster presentations or oral presentations must acknowledge funding support through the NEDS Preceptor Grant
2. Recipients may be eligible for up to $ 500 to help with travel expenses tied to poster and/or oral presentations (if taking place within two years of project completion)
Deadline for application submission is March 1, 2020.
Link to Preceptorship Application: Preceptorship Application 2020.docx
Submit your completed application and CV plus Letter of Support from your preceptor and Letter of Approval from your residency program to NEDS@mms.org by March 1, 2020. Please insert Preceptorship Application in the Subject Line. Grant awardees will be announced at the May 2, 2020 Didactic meeting.
For further questions about the NEDS Preceptorship Program, contact the NEDS Administrator, Gayle Sommer at NEDS@mms.org or 781-434-7731.
For residents who need help in finding a preceptor, NEDS is developing a list of eligible NEDS members interested in being a Program Preceptor. Check back here in January for updates!
|DIAMOND LEVEL EXHIBITORS|